Functional Nutrition for the Pelvic Health Professional
- 12 hours
- Click below for CEU specifics for each state.
- Immediate access
- Unlimited access to course contents
- All pelvic health providers
BONUS: LIVE SESSIONS with
Dr. Amy Osborne!
Tuesday, December 5 at 6pm MST
What to expect:
This introductory course is appropriate for all Pelvic Health Professionals who are working with patients with pelvic diagnoses (urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, vulvodynia, prostate pain, endometriosis, PCOS). Pelvic health professionals frequently discuss food and liquid intake with their patients, but many do not have the competence and tools that they need to assess, understand, and effectively advise their patients with respect to nutritional changes that would help to improve their symptoms. What’s more, rehab providers typically spend more time with their patients than do other providers. This allows an excellent opportunity to providers to promote health through education about nutrition and lifestyle. This course will give providers a foundational understanding of functional nutrition and will improve pelvic health professionals’ ability to provide appropriate, evidence-based information, while still acting within their scope of practice.
What will you learn?
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define common nutrition terminology
- Identify the role and function of macro and micronutrients in the human body
- Interpret digestive processes as they relate to individual cases
- Recognize signs of digestive dysfunction and hormonal imbalance
- Identify dietary contributors to symptoms and presentations
- Discern appropriate dietary approaches to support health
- Design lifestyle recommendations to support an integrative approach
Dr. Amy Osborne PT, DPT
Amy recognizes the importance of addressing more than just a patient’s physical presentation and has pursued continuing education to expand her breadth of knowledge. In pursuance of a deeper understanding of integrative wellness, she became a Certified Nutrition Therapy Practitioner and underwent training in functional nutrition through Restorative Wellness Solutions. She is currently pursuing higher level education in the field of integrative physiology and functional nutrition. She uses this knowledge to provide truly comprehensive care of pelvic diagnoses and chronic pain at her practice, Apto Physical Therapy in Denver, CO. Amy is passionate about providing effective, evidence-based and culturally competent care and has experience working with the Spanish-speaking population. She promotes health and wellness on her blog dramyosborne.com, where she shares information related to nutrition, fitness and pelvic health.
For other courses, the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate